Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What you win in vegas...

Stays in Vegas.

We were up, we came down, we had some drinks, we're packing to go home.

Didn't play any D&D, but somehow this is OK. Blackjack is amusing.

Tomorrow I get to launder the smoke and booze and desperation out of all the clothes we brought with, even those that were never worn. Living as I do in a state where smoking is prohibited, it feels odd to be sitting in a restaraunt with someone smoking at the next table. The smell doesn't generally bother me, but it gives my bride fits.

Til I speak again, I leave you with the one thing I've learned on this trip. Split your eights. Sixteen sucks, you might as well die in style.

3 comments:

The Mushroom said...

House hits at 16, stands at 17... yes, split your 8's.

Mushroom said...

Happy Father's Day!

aag said...

I hope to go to Vegas within the next year or so...not for the winning or losing money part (definately not for the losing money part), but because I have a new niece there. :)

My parents are in Vegas now, and I'm sure we'll have to make numerous trips to the 1 hour photo place when they get back. :) They already have a houseful of photos of the grandson...and now we'll have numerous photos of the granddaughter to add to the collection. :)